Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Delicous Recipe- Lemon Loaf

Who can resist a good lemony flavored anything?!I made this recipe the other day for a friend I was going to visit and will be making it again to go to a tea time I am attending with a couple other friends in a couple more weeks. I promised someone I would email her a copy of the recipe for a book she is putting together, so I thought I'd share it with you as well!



It is always a delight for anyone that enjoys a good lemon dessert as well as a not being so heavy or too rich as some desserts are. 
This bread is enjoyable with a good cup of hot tea, especially in the cold bleak months of the winter. 
So...here is what you'll need:
Lemon Loaf-
1/2 C butter
1 C Sugar
2 eggs
1-1/2 C flour
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 C milk
zest of lemon
1tsp-1tbsp fresh lemon juice (according to taste. I added this and usually add another bit of sugar as well.)
Glaze- 
Juice of lemon
1/2 C sugar (I find this to be more than enough for crusty glaze, so I add some of this to the lemon loaf for extra flavor)
Directions: Cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, milk, and lemon juice. Sift in flour, salt and baking powder. Pour into bread pan and bake 50 min. Pour on glaze and bake an additional 5 min. or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. 
Cool and enjoy!



Hope you try it, it's an absolute favorite of mine!

Linking up with: 

1 comment:

  1. That sounds good! Especially on a day like today when it is so cold outside. Must try!

    ReplyDelete

Can't wait to hear what you have to say, your comments always make my day!